Thursday, April 19, 2007

The PC Saga Continues

After my last post on Tuesday night, I thought I would email the nice girl I had spoken to previously expressing my disgust in a polite way and see if that got me anywhere. It didn't.

I swear my hair is greyer and I've less of it since the past few weeks!

Back onto the Customer Service line where, after being cut off by the first operator (a classic trick on Service Desks to improve their call times, ) I spoke to a friendly and appologetic (spelling) guy who didn't want to tell me anything about the machine except that it would be delivered tomorrow.

After pushing for some time, I was 40 minutes on the telephone, he admitted that the machine was still in the Dell depot. Not, given to the Courier last Thursday or Friday as I had previously been told.

I asked to speak with someone who could give me a refund as I am really regretting ever buying this machine. Eventually after instructing him about 10 times, he let me speak to a Supervisor who admitted she can't give replacements but would look into it tomorrow. I told them that I was going to get Trading Standards involved if a satisfactory outcome was not going to be possible.

Ten minutes after that call, the nice lady I had emailled called to say that Dell don't give refunds to business customers but instead offer immediate replacement. What!! This is what I had asked for originally but was told that the repair would be quicker and it wasn't normal to issue a replacement!

However, she said that the machine had been picked up earlier and was indeed with the courier service that would deliver tomorrow. She will call this morning with an update. We'll see.

I'm pulling my hair out by now and complaining bitterly but they really don't want to hear. It's a case of speak nice and agree to delivery tomorrow, every time I call.

We'll see what happens today. They did send me a USB storage thing as compensation. Little value without a PC to plug it into.

No comments: