Saturday, April 21, 2007

Aarrgh! Guess What!

On Thursday evening I received a call from Dell asking if my PC had arrived. "No," I replied leaving the girl on the phone a bit lost for words. I'll call back in a few minutes she said.

Lo and behold a few minutes after she called, the PC arrived. I knew she was calling back so thought I'd better take it straight out the box and get it setup. A few minutes later, I was ready to go.

I pressed the "ON" button.

... mmm ...

... da, da, dee ...

... nope ...

... nothing ...

... except for ...

THAT BLOODY FLASHING AMBER POWER BUTTON!!

AAAARRGRRGHHH!!!

The PC isn't even passed the problem it had. In fact, giving my own personal opinion, this machine probably hasn't even been looked at. Talk about a Webmaster Worry! I could cry!!! Well, almost, but maybe not because by this time I'm absolutely raging!!

The girl phoned back. "Did you get the PC," yes I replied. "Fantastic" she says, I'll just tell my boss who I'm chatting with about it right now. "Whoa!, wait a minute" I says. "It's got the same problem as before!"

(Whisper) Stunned silence... (Whisper)

"Oh." says the girl. Yes, "oh."

At this point although I was boiling inside, I felt genuinely sorry for the poor girl who could only appologise profusely. It wasn't her fault so I didn't give her a hard time I just asked what can they do about it. She says that they'll get a new machine build and set up! WASN'T THIS WHAT I ASKED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE 3 WEEKS AGO SINCE IT WAS A NEW MACHINE THAT ONLY WORKED FOR AN HOUR!!!!! Get a grip DELL.

Anyway, now I'm supposed to get a new "working" machine soon and to be honest, I've completly given up with Dell altogether. It was bad enough waiting for 3 weeks for a repair on a brand new machine but to get it back without it being fixed is horrendous to say the least!

The new machine is getting a couple of upgrades fitted to compensate but it's not the point, this service is shocking and I'll certainly not be recommending them again. I'll give an update when the new machine arrives and see if it's not working ...

No comments: