Thursday, May 03, 2007

Google PR and Linking

I notice that the Google toolbar has been updated and most of my sites have taken a hit, including this blog that has gone from a PR4 to PR2. Not that I'm a toolbar watcher but I do like to at least be seeing some kind of improvement once in a while.

The annoying thing for me though is I've been really concentrating on providing good quality content on my sites and I've never been one for link swapping. I generally don't bother although I will swap one or two if I like the sites.

Maybe this is where I'm going wrong. Rather than posting unique content and writing hard, I should maybe have been linking like crazy but it seems a bit pointless to me. This whole link popularity thing, in my mind, isn't the way to rank sites but I guess it's not an easy thing to measure, is it?

I have however, added a couple of links to the right hand side of this blog to a couple of new sites that I've been working on, check them out if you like. One is a bingo community site and the other is a Texas Holdem site that I've just started working on. Both are based on Drupal, a nice CMS system that has some excellent features.

No comments: